Simplified Student Visa Framework

The Australian government launched SSVF on 1st July 2016. It is aimed to make the process of applying for a student visa simpler to navigate for genuine students. With SSVF, international students will need only to apply a single Student visa (subclass 500) regardless of their chosen course of study and a single immigration risk framework will apply to all international students.
Here are a few key points to consider when changing course, level or provider under Simplified student visa framework?

1. The rule remains unchanged

As an international student holding a valid student visa, you are expected to continue to meet the conditions of your current student visa.
In terms of changing your education provider, your first point of reference should be the transfer policy of your provider. These should give you sufficient information about your transfer plan. And in most cases, students need to seek permission from the existing provider to transfer to another. Additionally, the ESOS National Code (
is able to explain the conditions wherein change of education provider, for those who are barely six months studying the main course of study, are possible.

2. Stay at the same Level:-
Under SSVP, all student visa holders must maintain their enrolment at the same level or a higher Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level for which they were granted a visa. Transferring to a lower AQF level will result in visa breach and may risk cancellation of your visa. You are required to apply for and be grated a new student visa.
For example:
If you are studying a Bachelor of Business (Level 7) and wish to shift to an Advance Diploma of Accounting (Level 6). The rule applies even if the change is with the same provider.

3. Non-AQF Award courses
As described by AQF, non-AQF qualifications are those that are not government quality assured and not accredited by the Australian higher education or vocational education and training accreditation authorities. If you are holding to a student visa and you wish to transfer to a non-AQF level course, you would need to apply for and be granted a new student visa. Please note that such transfer is a breach of the student visa condition and might result in visa cancellation.
If you are studying a Certificate IV (AQF level 4) and want to transfer to English courses also known as English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students.
If you are studying a non-AQF course and want to transfer to an AQF course, you would not need to apply for a new student visa.

4. Have a plan that works
It is always good to have a plan in mind, however before talking a leap of faith, always ensure to speak to a professional to understand the pro’s and con’s of the plan .An professional would be a best person to give you the right advise necessary to cover all the aspects of the risk involved .

Unixplore Services is the one stop solution for all your education dreams.
Unixplore Services- Explore the opportunities.